Friday 3 April 2015

Day Trip to Howth

At the start of the new year my partner relocated from England to Dublin for a new job. Since his relocation I've tried to visit as much as possible, and I set visit to Howth on my agenda after being hearing so many good things about the place. Luckily only 2 months into him living there we got to visit this lovely town, and I thought I'd share our trip with you.



Howth is a lovely sea-side town just off the city of Dublin. It has a lovely market place, a pier and is famous for it's seafood and cliff walks. I'm sure it has many other things to offer, but we made this an afternoon trip and only got to explore about half of the town.

The first place we headed to was the market, which is filled with unique pieces and friendly faces. There were items from jewellery, to natural handmade skincare, to unique nic-nacs.
Afterwards we took a stroll along the pier before heading to the cliffs.

We got a bit lost looking for the cliff walks (I don't know how, it's really not that hard to find!), but once we found our way the views were amazing. We lucked out on the weather too as it was so sunny with no wind (I probably wouldn't recommend doing the cliff walks on a windy day for obvious reasons!).


Apparently on some days you can spot Dolphins or Sea Lions. Sadly we didn't see any, but it was still a beautiful day out and I would recommend this to anyone. We only walked as far as the lighthouse, then returned to the pier through the main town. I would definitely go back in a heartbeat to do the full walk around the whole of the cliff walks (hopefully then we'll get to see some Dolphins or Sea Lions!)

There is supposed to be an amazing sea food restaurant in Howth - I can't remember it's name of it just now, but at the end of the day we actually ended up going to this lovely cafe instead called King Sitric, East Cafe Bar. We sat outside under the heaters and ate fish and chips whilst the sunset. Cheesy I know haha! But it really was the perfect day out. I'm glad so many people pushed us to go.

Have you been to Dublin or Howth before? Where is your favourite place to visit?

Carrie
SHARE:

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty and serene! I've only visited Dublin in Ireland, would love to see this place...

    ReplyDelete

@ Beauty Not Just Skin Deep.