Sunday 9 October 2011

Boots 200 Clear Nails Verdict

You may have seen my previous post on the 200 Clear Nails from Boots last week.
(if not, you can find it here)

The box stated that the nails last up to a week, so I tested them out, and a week later I'm back with my verdict:

Nail Quality: I really like these nails. They get thicker towards the end of the nail, blend well around the cuticle, and are very strong and resilient. I did find one of the nails developed a split, but that was due to it coming off, and then getting reapplied a few times. But then you have a whole stash of replacements to go to!

Durability: Did these last the full 7 days? Not even close. The day after I applied these, one fell off. And over the next few days the rest followed.
These are, however, great for a night out and will definitely last the whole night.
The main thing I worried about was losing them in the shower, but they managed to cling on and I had absolutely no trouble with the hot water affecting the glue. (I can't comment on how they'd last in the bath as I didn't text that out).

These are easy to glue back on once they start falling off, and you definitely notice when they come loose, so there's no chance of losing them. I have used cheap false nails before and looked down to find one (or more) has completely disappeared without even realising. But you don't get that with these, which is great as you can just quickly glue it back on!

Possible Disadvantage: There are food allergies I have which means I'm pretty low on calcium. Because of this my nails are very weak, don't grow properly, and are quite flat. The Boots clear nails are curved (like normal natural nails), so the stress of having to hold on to flat nails may have taken its toll. This may be why the nails didn't stay on for as long it claimed, so I won't fully blame the product for that.

Repurchase: Definitely! Though I'd be tempted to buy a stronger glue. But these are definitely great value for money, and it's worth purchasing just for the nails alone.

Despite the fact they didn't last a week, I do like these nails a lot. Now I'd love to try out the Kiss nails to see how they compare to one another. I have used Kiss's Everlasting Nails before, and was very impressed, so I wouldn't be surprised if their glue was a lot better than the one in this kit.
-But then you get half the nails for £1 less.

Would you be likely to purchase these? I'd love to know if these have impressed/disappointed you after this review.



SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

@ Beauty Not Just Skin Deep.