Sunday 19 June 2011

Storage from Ikea

KOMPLEMENT 'multi-use' hanger £3.99
I was in Ikea Friday night with my OH and I came across a great bargain and massive space saver.

Problem:
I've somehow accumulated a lot of scarves, and usually store them on hangers, with one hanger each holding 4 scarves. 
My wardrobe is pretty small, so this method takes up way too much space as the scarves are quite bulky. 

Solution:
When I saw this I knew it would be perfect! And at just £3.99 I had to get it.
Here's how my scarves look now:


The way I've tied my scarves on to the hanger means this has the capacity to hold 28 in total, or even 32 if you use the space at the top too! Which is good because it means I have a lot of room to grow.
With all the scarves on the hanger it's so heavy! Yet the hanger itself is extremely strong and sturdy, and shows absolutely no signs of giving, which is obviously what you want. 
This hanger is great quality, which is a bonus with it being such a low price. 


This hanger could be used to store not only Scarves, but also Belts and Ties. (I'm very tempted to get another one to house my belt obsession!) And I'm sure there's many more things this could be used to store.

I absolutely LOVE Ikea, I don't think I could ever tire of wandering around looking at all their lovely products and great bargains. Its amazing if you're as obsessed with storage as I am (I'm always looking for new makeup storage so I have room to buy more! hehe).

Would love to hear any of your storage bargains/recommendations :)


SHARE:

8 comments:

  1. catherinesloves20 June 2011 at 22:43

    Thats a great storage solution, I have a lot of scarves too :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have SO many scarves aha but that storage hanger seems great! It also lays all the scarves out so you don't have to go rummaging through everything to find the one you want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucinda Keller27 June 2011 at 01:04

    Thank you!!! I am going to go there this week and get 4 of those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I don't know where all of mine came from. Definitely recommend this for storage :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so much easier to find the ones I want this way, whereas before I couldn't be bothered to rummage through if I was in a hurry so I'd always just go for my usual 'safe' option :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. 4?? hehe
    Would love to see what you'll use them all for! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. shelbychapman273 July 2011 at 20:01

    This is awesome! Great blog! Very helpfull! Hey would you check out mine?
    beautybarbie16.blogspot.com
    If you follow I would be happy to return the favor! It would mean so much to me thank you!

    ReplyDelete

@ Beauty Not Just Skin Deep.