Tuesday 14 February 2012

Valentines NOTD


Happy Valentines Day!

As you can see I'm using my new Nikon P500 camera for this post, and you can definitely see the difference in quality between these photos and ones in previous posts. I love taking photos now as this camera just does everything I want it to, and it's inspiring me to be much more creative with layouts.

So this is my take on a valentines day NOTD, its a deep purple/red nail, and I think it's a nice mixture of bold and romantic. this is what I used to create it:

First I painted 2 thin layers of Primarks 'Glo Baby Glo' nail polish (I couldnt see a shade name on bottle)
Once dry, I added 2 coats of Deborah Lippmann's glitter nail polish in Razzle Dazzle.


Personally I'm not really one for glitter or sparkly things, but I actually love this look. It gives the base colour a lovely, deep, subtle sheen, and is not at all 'in your face'. 
I think its a nice sophisticated take on glittery nails, and perfect for valentines day! 
-Though I will definitely wont just be wearing this just for one day!

I hope you like it, and hope it inspires someones look this valentines day :)




SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

@ Beauty Not Just Skin Deep.