Thursday 22 March 2012

MAC Lipstick Review - Snob

The Lipstick

I've been lusting after Snob for a while now, and I'm so glad to finally own it! I know this particular shade is definitely not lacking in reviews, but I thought I'd write one anyway with my own stamp on it!

I'm realy impressed with this colour. I'm happy to say its pretty much how I hoped it would be, if not a little pinker. Its a nice buildable colour, so you can choose to wear it as a subtle colour, or wear it as a bright pink if you wish to be a little bolder.

I have been wearing it daily, and I love it. I think this is a nice versatile shade that would suit most skin tones. Though I wouldn't recommend it if your skin is on the orange side! If you've accidently overdone it on the fake tan, this colour wont be too forgiving.

It has that usual scent MAC lipsticks have, and I love that. The consistency is great too. It pretty much defines what I love about their lipsticks! The only downside is that I've learnt MAC are no longer cruelty free, though I did buy this before I found out. 

Recommended Lipliners

I would recommend using NYX Lipliner Pencils in either Rose or Dolly Pink with this lipstick. 
It depends on  what hue you want this lipstick to take:
-If you want it to be quite a vibrant pink I would recommend Dolly Pink. 
-But if you don't want the colour to be so bold, I'd recommend Rose as its more muted.

I know not everyone uses lip pencils, but I naturally have no colour in my lips, so I always find I need lip pencils to help define them. I thought others like me might find it helpful if I recommended ones that match, and NYX ones are quite inexpensive, so you're not going to break the bank!

I've included swatches of Snob on its own, as well as swatches with these two lip pencils:

Swatches

-The central swatch is Snob on its own.
-The far left swatch is of NYX Lipliner in Dolly Pink, and the swatch next to it is of Snob being used with Dolly Pink.
-The far right swatch is of NYX Lipliner in Rose, and the swatch next to it is a mixture of Snob and Rose.

Snob is a weird one though, as I found it looked different when swatched on my arm, to how it looked on my lips. Though the lip pencil colours still match up very well with it:

Lip Swatches

Above photos of Snob in various lightings so you can get a good idea of its colour.
In these swatches I used Snob alongside NYXs Dolly Pink lip pencil.

You can find NYXs Lipliner Pencils quite easily online, but I saved a lot of money by buying mine in bulk off eBay from an international seller here. Joy offers very fast shipping, despite being far away in the states, and it's amazing value for money. Otherwise, if you're not looking to buy in bulk, you can purchase them from NYXs UK website here.

I hope you found this review helpful. 
I'd love to hear of any other lipsticks you recommend!


SHARE:

11 comments:

  1. snob is my everyday holy grail lippy!!! I love it!!!
    I wear it quite light and i find it so creamy and gorgeous :)

    I do find it looks completely different of different people though!!! ive read a few reviews where it looked very 'blue' and quite harsh where as on me it looks quite nude/natural and nice and subtle!

    I love it :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks lovely on you :D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this colour looks so pretty!

    Marie x
    marieeeloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree, with me I found it more on the blue side. Though I love lipsticks with blue hues, so I like that. I often have to mix it with another lipstick though if I want it more natural/subtle looking. Still love it though.

    Thanks for the lovely comment :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw thank you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, I'm so glad I got it! I find I'm a bit hit and miss when it comes to lipsticks in this kind of pink colour. But this one is lovely, I can see it suiting a lot of people xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh that's a pretty MAC lip shades!!! I really enjoy reading your post. If you have a chance, please visit/follow my fashion blog. Your supports will mean the world to me. Thank you so much in advance. I hope you have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Herlatenightcravings29 March 2012 at 19:28

    Such a gorgeous color for Spring!! Found you through Sugarpuffish. Happy 1 year! We just had our 1 year yesterday. Following you via GFC!
    We are having a giveaway for our 1 year that is open to everyone and we'd love for you to stop by and enter if you are interested.

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have got to get this one this is on my list of mac lipsticks i want in my collection
    http://makeupbyelysa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it wears as quite a natural baby pink under studio lighting. I love the shade on my clients.http://williamspromakeup.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/prettiest-pink-lipsticks-for-summer-top.html

    ReplyDelete

@ Beauty Not Just Skin Deep.