Wednesday 6 July 2011

When All Else Fails...Fake It!

Over the years my hair has been almost every colour, but (unless I go blonde) there's one thing that always poses a problem:
My Eyebrows.

Natural:
Believe it or not  - this is AFTER dyeing them darker!
My eyebrows are naturally see-through! The hairs themselves are very fair and fine, and sparsely spread.

Perfect Eyebrows: Thick and dark with a great arch.
Unfortunately this is not my reality.
I currently have very dark brown hair, and eyebrows like mine just look odd (and with my pale complexion I end up looking ill).

Solution: Fake it

Fake:

This is how I do my eyebrows every single day:

Tools:
I like to work with 2 shades of eyebrow pencil, my favourite is Rimmel (though you cant go wrong with Benefits Browzings either, though it requires a little more skill so if you're a beginner start with pencils - plus they're cheaper!)
I always start off with the lighter shade, in this case I use the Dark Brown.
TIP: If you use a colour that's too dark it could look end up looking too harsh. It's always best to start light THEN build up the colour if you need to.
The rule that's always worked for me:
The Rule of Thirds:
Line 1: Use a ruler and follow the vertical line up from the side of your nose. THIS is where your eyebrow should start.
Line 2: In the same way, from the tip of your nose, line the ruler up with your eye pupil up to your eyebrow. It varies, but this is generally where the arch of your brow should be.
Line 3: Bring the ruler back to the side of your nose and line it up with the outer-edge of your eye. This is where your eyebrow should end.
I start off by lightly drawing a line at the top of my brow from the
start of my brow to the top of the arch.
I then lightly find the start of my brow and shade it down
from the top to the bottom
From the bottom point of where I just drew, I connect it to the bottom
point of my arch and lightly fill in the middle space
The final thing to do is connect my arch to the end point of my
brow and lightly fill in 
With a darker pencil I fill in any gaps around my arch, though I avoid filling
 in the main part of my brow with this dark colour to avoid a 'harsh brow'
This is the finished look.
If needs be you can tidy up any stray hairs with a tweezer for a neater look.
Finished Look: Both Eyebrows 
Note: Personally I recommend filling in your brows BEFORE tweezing. This helps avoid  overplucking.
Everyones preferences are different, however, and you may not want to do this if your skin is sensitive and flares up after plucking.



If this look is too harsh for you, you can make it softer by 'sweeping' the pencil on in light stokes AGAINST the hair-grain.

I hope you like this look and found it helpful! :)


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

@ Beauty Not Just Skin Deep.