Thursday 8 September 2011

Editing ELF Quads

My all-time favourite eyeshadows are from my two Dior 5 Couleurs sets. UNFORTUNATELY they are in plastic packages, and not in the Dior packaging because they were (unused) samples.

I decided to 're-package' them within an ELF quad palette so it's easier to carry around with me, as well as making them easier to store. Although it's not a new idea in the slightest, I thought I'd still take you through the quick and simple process I went through:
THE EYESHADOWS:
(Looking a bit worse for wear)
Dior 5 Couleurs - Pink Idol 770
As you can see it's in need of a lot of love. The only thing it has to protect it is a thin plastic case, which I doubt is going to last much longer - hence my moving it to a much more sturdier palette.

REMOVING THE DIVIDERS:
E.L.F Elements Quad - £1.50
The dividers are pretty easy to remove, and you don't even need any tools. Just gently pull at it and it will eventually
come away.
Note: The dividers secure the metal plate underneath, which is not fixed to the palette, so I recommend you
superglue the plate to the palette to keep it from moving around.
REMOVING THE EYESHADOWS FROM THEIR ORIGINAL PACKAGING:
Heat the eyeshadow palette over hair straighteners (protecting them with a kitchen towel) to loosen the
glue so you can remove the eyeshadow pans.
I used tweezers to gently pry the eyeshadows out of the casing. Use alcohol (90%) to disolve any glue left at
the bottom of the eyeshadow, then affix adhesive magnets to the eyeshadow pans.
THE RESULT:
This is the finished palette. You can see it looks much happier in its new home!
You can of course use this method to hold other odd-shaped pans, or to hold more than 4 ordinary 26mm pans.

Note: I keep the dividers in case I ever want to use them again once the eyeshadows within the palette have been used up.

I will be doing this with all of my other 5 couleurs eyeshadow set, as well as my other various samples/awkward eyeshadows - once my Project Pan has ended of course! I've run out of my ELF quads :(

SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

@ Beauty Not Just Skin Deep.