Monday 2 January 2012

Happy New Year!


I hope you all had a good Christmas, and a great start to 2012!

I thought by now I'd have given up on making new years resolutions as I never keep them! But after recent health scares, and due to the fact I go back to university this month to finish my degree, I've realised a few big changes need to happen in my life. So the start of a new year is the perfect time to put these changes in motion:

1- Eat healthily & reduce carbs - Probably 90% of my diet is carbohydrates, and as a result I am quite malnourished, and always tired. I'm going to reduce the amount of rubbish I eat, and eat a hell of a lot better.

2- Drink more - I always forget to drink throughout the day, so I become very dehydrated (which you can definitely see in my skin)

3- Exercise - After suffering from a bad back for a very long time I finally found out I have degenerative disc disorder :( which means I need to build up the muscles in my legs, abs and back. Not that I need an excuse to finally start exercising!

4- Natural is Best - My skin is becoming more and more sensitive lately, and I'm becoming very conscious about what I'm putting on my skin. I'm going to start making my own beauty products in an attempt to be as natural as possible. Any I think work I will post up on here as I test them :)

5- Be motivated and do something! - I find it very hard to actually get off my backside and do things sometimes. I go back to university soon, and have a lot to do beforehand (as well as during) and so to make sure I succeed I need to push myself hard. Its too easy to relax when I really can't afford to do so.

I know this is a lot to change, but I'm determined to make it happen!
Have you made any new years resolutions?

SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

@ Beauty Not Just Skin Deep.