Wednesday 18 January 2012

London Haul pt.2

Continuing with part two of my London Haul (you can read part one here), these are a couple of things I picked up in Muji:

Muji Pill Box

I saw this in the Muji concession in Selfridges and thought it would be perfect for using as a lipstick palette, or to mix pount paints/lip tars in (lipstick is there so you can get an idea of its size). And it was only £1.25 from their travel section. Though the dividers are removeable, so not water-tight. If you were to use this to melt lipsticks into, you may want to permanently glue the dividers down first.

Muji Wide 2-Drawer Storage
Last but by no means lest, I finally got myself one of the Muji drawers! I have been lusting after one of these for a while now, but I don't live anywhere near a Muji store. I took advantage of being in central London for the day and picked this up in Selfridges.

Obviously the photo above is off the website (I forgot to take photos before I filled it), but below are photos of how I'm not using it from bottom to top:

Bottom Drawer

I filled the bottom drawer with all of my Barry M Dazzle dusts, a few benefit pigments and some miscellaneous ones. This is the heaviest drawer, so I'm keeping this at the bottom in case the weight is too much for it, at least the drawer will have the support of my desktop underneath!

This drawer is the result of far too many 3for2 offers on Barry M dusts in Superdrug. I haven't seen any of those offers for a while now, so for now it hasn't grown any further. But I'm sure that wont last for long..

Top Drawer

In the top draw I've put my MAC pigments, undepotted MAC eyeshadows, and any other eyeshadows/pigments that aren't in palettes.
As you can see this set of drawers is just for my eyeshadows, and its got a bit of room left in the top drawer in case my Dazzle Dust collection grows again!

On Top

On top of my drawers I've temporarily laid out a few of my blushes. 
I am definitely going to buy another one of these drawers next time I go to London, and it will be solely to store my blushes and bronzers. I don't want to pile them on top of each other as I want to be able to see everything I have at a glance.

What are your thought on the Muji drawers? I think I've already become addicted to them as I'm definitely eager to get more! -Which is a little worrying in regards to my bank balance...
SHARE:

4 comments:

  1. Why on earth have I never thought of going to Muji for my make up storage solutions! I've currently got all mine messily stashed away in draws - I'll be stopping off next time I'm in central london! Thanks for a great post!

    Jen xx

    http://kitsch-n-sync.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I've been wondering why I didn't go sooner! I used to have mine in cutlery trays and drawers, but it looked so messy. I definitely prefer the look and practicality of these drawers!
    Thank you for your comment :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea about mixing lip tars in the pill box :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of the pill box's I've seen are quite bulky, but I thought this one is nice and compact enough to carry around xx

    ReplyDelete

@ Beauty Not Just Skin Deep.