Friday 20 January 2012

Lumiere Cosmetics Review & FOTD

Just before the new year, I was sent a few products to test out and review by Lumiere Cosmetics
Altogether I received 7 sample sized jars of their products: 3 eye pigments, 2 blush's, and 2 foundations so I could choose which shade matched me best. 

I'll start by reviewing the products and giving my overall verdict, and at the end you'll find my FOTD where I've used most of the products in this post.

So without further adieu, here are my thoughts on the products I was sent:

Foundation

The foundation that matched best was the shade 'Light Medium Warm'.

This is quite a nice mineral foundation. It doesn't fully cover any redness or imperfections on the skin, but then it doesn't claim to, so you will need to use a separate concealer with this (they do sell some on their site, but I haven't tried them so can't tell you what they're like). 

Price: Full sized (12g) these cost $18 (approx £12). This is a lot cheaper than my usual Bella Pierre foundation (£35), and you get a lot more foundation compared with Bella Pierre's 9g. But I do prefer the finish of Bella Pierre's foundation, and I love the coverage it gives.
Blush

I love the pigmentation of these blushes. It's actually really difficult for me to select a favourite out of the two. The Neutral Pink is such a beautiful pink, and think out of the two it would be suitable for most people. Though the Sweet Cherub is a lovely rose gold, and I have yet to try blush's of this shade so I'm really happy I was sent this one!

Price: Full size (4g) these are worth $12 (approx £8), and these go a VERY long way, so these are definitely good value for money!
Eye Pigment

As with the blush's, these Eye Pigments are really pigmented, and are very beautiful and unusual colours.

The most versatile of these three eye pigments (in my opinion) is the Ditto 02. Its such a lovely iridescent pink/purple. It makes a good highlighter or base colour. 
And with my love of purple, of course I love the Wicked eye pigment! This is a kind of grape/lavender colour, and I know I'd get a lot of wear out of this!

Hypnotic is such a difficult colour to describe! At first glance it looks like a metallic brown, yet when applied there are hints of a rich plum/purple colour. Whatever colour it is - I really like it. I think it's my favourite out of the three.

Price: Full sized (2g) these cost $8 (approx £5) I think these are also good value for money, and as with their other products, a little goes a long way so they would last a while! 

Verdict

I do think Lumiere sell very good quality products, and at great value for money. They offer international shipping starting from $6 (approx £4), and you can view and buy their products by clicking here.

I am absolutely in love with their blush's and eye pigments, and highly recommend them! I will definitely be purchasing from them again in the future. If you don't want to commit to full sized products, you can also purchase smaller jars, or even sample bags/jars. 

For me I'm torn between the Lumiere foundation: a great price for a lot more product; or my usual Bella Pierre foundation: more money for a lot less product, but great coverage and finish.  

You can judge for yourselves whether these products are you by seeing these products put to use:

FOTD

Face Products Used:

Foundation: Lumiere 'Light Medium Warm'*
Concealer: Collection 2000 (not pictured)
Pressed Powder: 17 'Nicely Natural'
Blush: Lumiere 'Neutral Pink'*
Highlight: Topshop 'Sunbeam'


Eye Products Used:

Eyebrows: HD Palette 'Foxy'
Eye Pigments: Lumiere 'Ditto 02' and 'Hypnotic'*
Eyeliner: Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Liner 'Dark Brown'
Mascara: Estee Lauder Double Wear 
(*I'm really unimpressed with this mascara, as you can see from the photo's it doesn't hold the curl at all, and I didn't really like the way it dried on my lashes. Not a nice finish)


Lip Products Used:

Lip Balm: Lush's Ultrabalm (Majorly in love with this!)
Lipstick: Topshop Lipstick 'Enamoured'


SHARE:

2 comments:

  1. I love this company! I love how most posts I've seen are all different shades! You got some gorgeous blushes!

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    Lucy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that everyone got something different, its a great way of seeing their different products.
    I love the bushes I was sent - Really impressed with them. The only bad thing is that I now want all of their other blushes and eye pigments! :/
    xx

    ReplyDelete

@ Beauty Not Just Skin Deep.